This year marks the 15th anniversary of the founding of North American Power Sweeping Association (NAPSA) and USA Services anniversary as an inaugural member. NAPSA is a nonprofit association made up of 300+ contract sweeper, service providers and sweeping equipment dealers, manufacturers and suppliers.
NAPSA is dedicated to enhancing services to the sweeping industry as well as promoting and educating the power sweeping community while enhancing the environment. When NAPSA was first created in 2000, the inaugural members had high expectations for the sweeping industry’s association. Since then, it’s membership has grown steadily each year and we look to the future with much anticipation.
Here are some of the ways NAPSA works to enhance the sweeping industry:
- It’s website provides a community for hundreds of industry professionals to share ideas, expertise and experience.
- The association leverages the power of its membership to negotiate supplier and manufacture discounts
- There is a mentoring program where more experienced members assist newer members as they grow and develop their businesses.
- NAPSA worked with insurance, financing and legal agencies to develop programs specifically tailored towards our industry.
- Through the association a “certified sweeping company” program was developed. It provides a formal mechanism to recognize those companies that operate in a professional manner. The program established a strict set of measurable professional practices that qualifying companies must maintain. USA Services is proud to be a Certified Sweeping Company committed to upholding the practices and ethics this program requires.
- The association is very involved in the industry’s annual trade show – the North American Pavement Maintenance Convention. NAPSA provides seminars, roundtables, networking events and other functions that significantly improve the quality of the convention and provide numerous benefits to its members.
USA Services will have several members of its staff attending the Pavement Maintenance Convention during the last week of January 2015 in Nashville, TN. We look forward to spending some of that time helping NAPSA and all its members celebrate this landmark anniversary.